There was LOTS of #HolyMischief
2021 wasn't fun.
I don't want to repeat it.
Too much bitterness.
Too much divisiveness.
Too much illness.
Too much death.
But that doesn't mean 2021 wasn't redeemable.
There were LOTS of great things that happened in 2021 because there was a lot of #HolyMischief!!!
Here's my re-cap:
Best Books I read:
- The Midnight Library by Mark Haig. Fiction. It truly makes you realize the power you have in your own free will.
- Think Again by Adam Grant. Non-Fiction. A reminder that it isn't enough to know. It's important to know what you don't know.
- Oregon. Beautiful state. Amazing. And the discovery of their wine country led to this revelation: https://shannonkarafanda.com/2021/07/lazy-grapes/
- Malinois. At least that's what I think Coco is. We rescued her. Or rather she rescued us. She helped me rediscover "wonder" and for that I'll be eternally grateful. You can see her here.
- Writing out prayers. I don't like to do this because it seems too structured but I rediscovered that sometimes it can help mark your thoughts and feelings during a particular time. I'm glad I did as it helped me to keep track of where God is working in my life.
Best Movies I saw (only ones I saw in the theater):
- Black Widow - The back story of the only female Avenger. Great to see with my daughter who needs to know that women can be super-heroes.
- Spider-Man: No Way Home - I wasn't sure if I could continue with the MCU plot lines after Endgame. This movie restored my interest. Plus string theory. Physics. All the nerdy science stuff.
Best New Projects:
- Holy Mischief Challenge Videos. I started doing these for Rethink Church and just kept going! I plan on doing more for 2022. You can find them on Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, or Facebook.
- Holy Mischief Subscription Boxes. First ones ship next week!
What am I looking forward to in 2022? Here's my wish list:
- Health, healing, and wholeness.
- Adventure. I'm traveling to Puerto Rico!!!
- The Lenten Experience. I'm super excited to dive into this in March and April. I was thrilled to talk to Rev. Eric Ferris about his vision for ministry. He truly sounds like a #HolyMischief maker. You can read more about him here: https://www.ridetheferriswheel.com/about
- Civil Rights Trip. I'm leading a group on a journey to Birmingham, Selma, and Montgomery in January. I know it will be transformative for all of us.
- My birthday. It's a milestone year. Much celebrating of life will ensue. I hope you'll join me.
- And of course LOTS MORE #HolyMischief!!
Until Everyone Hears,
P.S. - Let me know your favorites from 2021! We should celebrate our wins as often as possible for they are what keep us going in times of trouble.
Galatians 6:9 - New International Version
Photo cred: https://www.thistlefarmstudio.com/