Holy Mischief ideas ...
It’s been one year since I went all in towards creating a movement of Holy Mischief. We started with 40 challenges and a Facebook group and now have Holy Mischief Makers on three continents! Here is the original list of 40 challenges. Whenever you read this, pick one and do it in the next 24 hours.
Let’s change the world, one act of #holymischief at a time.
40 Challenges of #HolyMischief
- Give someone directions.
- Ask someone to join you in a challenge.
- Write a note to a spiritual mentor.
- Use only positive words today.
- Offer water to a guest and get their story.
- Visit someone who is sick or deliver a gift to a nurses station.
- Eat with someone you wouldn’t normally eat with.
- Pray for your enemy.
- Give a “light” to someone in a service job.
- Call someone who is like a brother or sister to you.
- Donate fresh fruit to a local food pantry.
- Pray the Lord’s Prayer twice today. Alone and then with another believer.
- Share with your family how you think the world could better.
- Rainy day? Share your umbrella with someone walking through a parking lot.
- Give a mint to someone.
- Surprise someone with a celebration just because they are awesome!
- Share something you know to be true with someone else.
- Pay it backwards.
- Donate or volunteer your time in children’s ministry or a local school.
- Post inspirational sticky notes around your neighborhood, office, school etc.
- Smile at five strangers today.
- Remove things in your life that might tempt you. Ask someone to hold you accountable.
- Pray for your city. Invite a friend to go on a prayer walk with you.
- Give up your cell phones during a meal today and talk about the scripture with someone.
- Have a “mini-parade” for anyone who walks through your door/cubicle today.
- Give a stranger $20 today. Share their reaction.
- Deliver fresh baked bread to the local fire or police station.
- Send someone a “ewe” with a nice note in the mail: https://yougoatmail.com/products/lamb.
- Practice Lectio Divina with the scripture today.
- Wash windows or clean the toilets of a local business today.
- Invite someone to a Holy Week service.
- Hug someone and tell them you love them.
- Write down all the names of Jesus that you can think of.
- Put a note at your table or desk asking how you can pray for others
- Pray for the leaders of your city or state today. Send them a note telling them you did
- Tell others about your faith
- Go one day without social media and television
- Pray today at 9:00 am, 12:00 pm, and 3:00 pm. Read Mark 15:21-41
- Spend one day without talking. Read Luke 23:50-56
Until Everyone Hears,
P.S. - If you haven’t heard yet, I’m going to be leading a self-paced, online workshop during Lent. All are welcome to join in the fun.
Change the world.
Starts Feb 22, 2021 but there is a meet and greet via Zoom on Feb 17.
To sign up go to: https://shannonkarafanda.thinkific.com/courses/holy-mischief-workshop