There are a lot of things that bring me joy:
- holidays with my family,
- singing Hamilton songs in the car,
- Christmas lights,
- the first cup of coffee in the morning,
- a long walk on the beach,
- my boys coming home to visit from college,
- watching my daughter play basketball or soccer,
- date night,
- laughing so hard and not being able to stop,
But when I rejoice, I don’t just feel joy; I experience it. Not only do I feel great joy, I reflect that joy back to it’s source. Rejoicing in God is a reciprocity of joy without the expectation of reciprocity. And it doesn’t just happen when we worship or pray or read the Bible.
It can happen...always.
“Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice.”
Until Everyone Hears,
P.S. - During Advent, your challenge is to get 25 items for a local food pantry and write inspiration words on them. You can find more details here.
What are your thoughts?