I can’t say this for parent’s of other children, but mine seem to hit a milestone around age 4. Its called the “What is Heaven like?” milestone. Just as soon as they stop asking “why?” for everything in the world, they move onto things out of this world and begin to ask questions about the afterlife and more specifically Heaven.
This week I started getting questions from the littlest K about Heaven. It started out by her asking, “When will I see Aunt Dot?” and just kept going from there. Here are a few:
- Will we all go to heaven together?
- Where will our new home be when we get there?
- Will we take our clothes with us?
- When does Roxy (our dog) come up?
- Is there ice cream in heaven?
- When will Granny go to heaven?
- Can I dance in heaven?
- After we get there, when do we come back home?