Choose One or All Three!
The movie "Elf" has a lot of great Christmas wisdom especially "the code of elves." Here are the three rules of "the code:"
- Treat every day like its Christmas.
- There's room for everyone on the nice list.
- The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear!
Simple yet challenging.
And that is your challenge for this Christmas season. Pick one. Follow through. Here is what it might look like.
- Mark out multiple days and pretend it is Christmas everyday! This will take some planning ahead. Giving is a big part of Christmas and so is décor and food. Plan to meet with different people for a special meal each day (this can be simple like coffee) and give them a present (again simple is fine!). Bonus points for tacky sweaters or Christmas accessories. Warning: this one is the most challenging as it requires more time! But the payoff should be worth it!
- We all know someone whose "nice" list designation is questionable. For those humans for whom extra grace is required, do something for them anonymously. If they feel loved and appreciated it will go a long way to softening their hearts. Warning: this will really help you understand God's grace in a powerful way!
- Sing. Whether it is carpool karaoke or official caroling, find a way to sing Christmas songs. Singing is so good for you! It relieves stress, increases memory, stimulates your immune system, and builds community. So sing!! And spread that Christmas cheer! Warning: this one is the riskiest...it is scary to break out into song (for some people). But the benefits are amazing!
Please let me know what you choose! If possible, share your story on social media and tag me while using the #holymischief hashtag!
Until Everyone Hears,
P.S. - Want to do more? Want to keep paying it forward? Check out the subscriptions boxes that deliver #HolyMischief right to your door! https://www.cratejoy.com/subscription-box/holymischief-box-holymischief/
P.P.S - As always, feel free to put your spin on these or come up with your own challenge! No matter how you spin it, just get out there and do some #HolyMischief!