My Top 10
What you’re listening to says a lot about who you are. A friend asked me recently what my most played songs were. I almost exclusively listen to music on Spotify. So here are my top 10 songs sorted by most played playlist/album:
- Come and Get Your Love by Redbone
- Superstition by Stevie Wonder
Healing at the Speed of Sound
- LAirAn an Ghearaltaigh by M.A’SA illaebhAjin
- Poco Adagio Variation from Symphony No. 4 by Gustav Mahler
The Greatest Showman Reimagined
- A Million Dreams by Pink
- From Now On by Zac Brown Band
Rock Party Playlist
- Back in Black by AC/DC
- Walk This Way by Run-DMC and Aerosmith
- Finale: Any Dream Will Do from Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (with Donny Osmond as Joseph)
- Magic to Do from Pippin (both the original and new cast recordings – I prefer to listen to Ben Vereen but Patina Miller as Lead Player is in a range I can sing along with better)
There you have it. My eclectic mix of sounds. According to this I was born a decade late and still miss being in high school musicals.
Music shapes our lives whether we know it or not. It embeds itself deep into our brain. It can heal us. Make us cry. And bring us great joy. There’s a reason why there are songs in the Bible. Sometimes words by themselves just won’t do when speaking about matters of the soul.
Until Everyone Hears,
What are your thoughts?